(Under 13 kg)
The Pavillion is our specifically designed small dog facility. It comprises of a double red brick building, which is fully tiled, has pine lined ceilings and roller doors that fully enclose the facility at night to provide a homely environment. The facility has ceiling fans to keep the dogs comfortable in the warmer months and has underfloor heating for the cooler months. Music plays
throughout the kennels which is fully staffed every day of the year, ensuring your dog receives a lot of regular interaction and attention.
Playgrounds have been designed for fun; ramps, rock tunnels and grassy areas are sure to delight the most adventurous guest. Our play areas are located at the front of the building where dogs spend three to four hours outside, weather permitting. Whether dogs are inside or out in a play-yard, they are always able to see in to the kennels or yards next door, therefore they are always stimulated regardless of whether they are in single or shared accommodation.
OTHER DOG ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
Information for Dog owners:
- We provide all of the bedding your dog will require, however you are welcome to bring your dogʼs favourite bed or blanket along if they are booked into The Deck.
- We have plenty of toys for the dogs to play with, therefore there is no need to bring any toys along from home.
- Dogs receive a minimum of three to four hours outside each day, weather permitting. We never have more than two dogs outside in an exercise yard, unless there are three dogs in a family.
- If your dog has a coat or jacket, feel free to send it along in the winter months and we will ensure the jacket is put on at night time. We also have a reasonably priced range of coats and jackets available in the office for purchase.
- Upon arrival please ensure your dog is safely restrained on a lead or in a pet carrier. During your dogʼs stay we will utilize our own identification collar and use our own leads, therefore we request that you take your collar and lead home and remember to bring them along when collecting your dog.
- Code of Practice for Victorian Boarding Kennels states “only two dogs may share a pen or play yard at any given time”, so rest assured your dog will have only one other friend. With written permission from owners, three or more dogs from one family are allowed to stay together. We encourage dogs of certain breeds to stay with a companion always ensuring your dogʼs companion is compatible in age, size and temperament.
- For safety reasons, there are some dog breeds that we prefer to keep on their own due to their size and strength. These breeds include: Bulldogs, Bernese Mountain Dogs, Boxers, Chow Chows, Dobermans, Great Danes, Greyhounds, Heelers, Huskies, Malamutes, Mastiffs, Maremmas, Rottweiler, Ridgebacks, Shiba Inus, Shepherds, Staffies, Staghounds, Wolfhounds, etc. Any dogs that are crossed with one of these breeds will also require single accommodation. Two dogs of any of these breeds from the same family are certainly able to stay together. Single accommodation is also available for those dogs and owners who would prefer this option, regardless of their dogʼs breed. Please note: single accommodation incurs a higher fee. (See prices for details).